MUSICIANS’ TOWN HALL: HEALTH CARE AND HOPE
FOR THE FUTURE OF MUSICIANS
THE JEREMY WILSON FOUNDATION Musicians’ Health & Service Organization (JWF), in partnership with the Doug Fir Lounge will host a forum about how the new Affordable Care Act will affect musicians as independent contractors, featuring a presentation by Oregon’s new health insurance marketplace, Cover Oregon.
This event is FREE, but if you would like to make a donation, click on the PayPal button below or mail a check to The Jeremy Wilson Foundation 1028 SE Water Ave. Suite 230 Portland, OR 97214. Thank you.
THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT goes into effect on January 1, 2014. It’s provisions will impact Oregonians who are independent contractors as well as individuals with low incomes. Most musicians and other professionals in the music industry fall into both categories. The JWF has developed this Town Hall to help musicians learn more about finding affordable health care and the financial assistance that is available through Cover Oregon.
The event will include:
- A musical performance by local music legend Pete Krebs
- A panel discussion by health care industry representatives
- A presentation of the new online health insurance portal by Cover Oregon
- Prepared remarks by Amy Fauver (Cover Oregon, Chief Communications Officer), Jill Pedersen (Columbia Benefit Solutions), Jen Del Villar (Regence, Dir. of Medicare Compliance & JWF Board Member), Jeremy Wilson (Executive Director & Founder, The Jeremy Wilson Foundation), and more.
- Audience members will have an opportunity ask the panel questions about the Affordable Care Act.
The event is free and open to the public. Please visit the Cover Oregon Website for more information about their online marketplace. For event information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.